This is Research magazine’s top prize of the night and the winner will be the agency that really stands out from the competition as the market leader in its field.
Who should apply?
Any MR agency that can genuinely claim to have had an exceptional year and operates within a recognised self-regulatory research framework (MRS Company Partner, employs members of MRS or other equivalent associations outside the UK).
What will the judges be looking for?
- strong financial performance
- research innovation
- proven business-driven results
- strong sense of the agency’s brand values
- clear evidence that the agency has moved forward over the last 12 months
In particular, the judges will look for evidence of:
- client list growth
- client retention
- added value services to clients
- staff retention/development
- research innovation
How to apply
Only email applications in the required format will be considered for this award.
- Download and complete the Word document Best Agency Entry and Submission Forms – these two forms will constitute your award application
- Keep a copy of both forms for your records – including the Rules of Entry for this award
- Send your two forms as attachments in an email with Best Agency Entry 2010 in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your entry must reach us by 5 pm on Tuesday 27 July 2010
- We will invoice you for the entry fee once your application has been processed
Basis of submission: 500 word (max) Statement supporting your case plus specific additional information.
Your Statement should:
- emphasise the agency’s achievements in the twelve months running up to 01 July 2010
- provide evidence of client list growth, client retention, staff retention and development
- include, where possible, examples of how you have made a real difference to your clients’ businesses or, in the case of social research, had a major impact on the way an organisation operates or communicates
In addition to your Statement you should specify:
- date of incoporation
- numbers employed (split between executive and support staff)
- fees and profit data for two years (where possible)
- your key clients – you may also include up to three short ( 100 words max) client anecdotes
Rules of entry – Best Agency
- All entries must be emailed using the relevant Word document Entry and Submission Forms, to reach MRS by 5pm on Tuesday 27July 2010. No extensions will be granted.
- To enter for this award, the agency must participate in a recognised self-regulatory research framework (MRS Company Partner, employ members of MRS or other equivalent association outside the UK).
- Your entry will be judged on the merits of the case you make on the Submission Form.
- You must nominate a primary contact on your Entry Form who will take overall responsibility for the entry.
- The primary contact must ensure that permission to enter the Awards is obtained from all parties involved in the submission.
- Entries must not overtly ‘sell’ any organisation. Company logos are acceptable.
- The judges’ decisions are final and the Panel will not enter into correspondence about them.
- Submission content will remain confidential to the Judging Panels and MRS; specific permission to publish any information at a later date will always be sought from the entrants.
There is an entry fee for this award. You will be invoiced once your entry has been processed. Failure to pay by 01 September 2010 will cancel your application.
One ticket to the Research Awards Dinner in December will be allocated per shortlisted entry. Additional tickets can be purchased nearer the time at the standard advertised price.
Hints from the judging panel
Don’t be over modest. If you’ve done well shout about it. The figures might speak for themselves but what have they meant for your business, how has strong financial performance impacted on the other parts of your business – staff development, R&D, adding value to clients. What have you done to champion the industry – are you an active ambassador for MR?