James is a former reporter for Research Magazine and Research-Live.com.
US— Online clothing brand Bonobos has signed up to use Qualtrics’ data collection platform to gather customer data around its menswear range.
US— The Advertising Research Foundation (ARF) is on the hunt for a new president and CEO after Bob Barocci announced his intention to retire from the position at the end of the year.
US — Decipher has added several new features to its Beacon market research platform, including an alternative question toolkit and a library of alternative questions.
- Adintop signs up with Effective Measure
- Decision Resources Group buys Abacus International
- Google Ventures leads $1.2m funding into TrueLens
- MRC to audit Rentrak TV audience tools
- IAB Australia to retire monthly metric
- ForeSee appoints UK managing director
- 'We're not happy about the way things are in the industry'
Things are going to change in the next 18 years, that’s for sure. Imagining what will be different in the world of market research was the subject of David Smith’s presentation this morning on the final day of the Esomar Congress in Atlanta.
Selling your soul, as Faust found out, is generally an unwise and painful thing to do. But, as a small MR agency, does selling to a bigger rival have to mean “losing your soul”?
Globalisation has opened the doors for brands to expand beyond borders while social media gives consumers around the world the chance to talk to each other. But what sounds like a massive opportunity for MR could actually be an extinction-level event.
- Cardiff's Red Dragons rise again
- Have we learned to love neuromarketing?
- Gamification and the infotainment trap
- Office politics: A dangerous game?
- Who are the design researchers?
- Giving Google a helping hand
- Gulf-wide people meter panel mooted